4 outta 5 3 outta 5
So far so good. Its super cheap and no problems so far. What more can you ask for ?
UPDATE: Live Connected has relaunched itself on November 19th 2012, with new (more expensive) plans and the addition of Phones. Thus it is now a more traditional phone service provider.
They are promising better service, but the new plans are now not as appealing as they once were. Also of note is that Social media web access is no longer free, meaning that the chances of going over your data limit each month probably just got a whole lot more realistic. There is however a new super cheap player called Vaya, which has Flexi Plans starting from only $7/month with the $11/month plan looking like the sweet spot. I will probably switch in the next few weeks, and will post how things go.
- Very Cheap, multiple plans to suit your budget starting from about $8/month
- Simple to sign up over the internet
- Can port your existing mobile number
- All plans include data
- Runs on Optus Network which usually has decent coverage in most areas
- Consume App does work and is able to pull down usage stats, albeit 48h delayed
- Most plans allow for use as a personal hotspot.
- Only has email support. No phone number/call centre
- Expensive SIM card $20, compared to some competitors which are only $2.
- Not sure how easy it is to upgrade/change plan so be careful which one you pick.
- About a 48h delay on usage stats (see pic)
- No native iPhone/Android app to check usage, thus have to use web interface which is not optimised for mobile screens, or pay for the Consume 3rd Party App [Link][iTunes]
- No visual voicemail but then not many operators in Oz offer this anyway. Read More…